I worked with Lori Oviatt on the Riverview Board from 2006 until spring of 2015. During that time, Lori served as a board member at large, as board vice president, and also as board president. I endorse Lori for re-election to the RSD board because she:
– has done the hard work of learning the issues, jargon, and players in public education in WA State and our community – something that can take years to accomplish.
– refuses to deal in speculation; she wants to know what the facts are and where they came from.
– is open to new ways of looking at a problems.
– listens to community input and then choses what her experience and perspective believe is right.
– and has learned to understand the very distinct roles of the school board, the superintendent, staff, and the community as they relate to providing public education.
And while Lori is a really big sports fan, I can see her pride in the success of our students in the wide variety of other academic and extracurricular events and activities!
Duvall Fire, Former Riverview School District Board member, Puget Sound Educational Service District